And So It Begins...

This is my forum for all the nouns that life has to offer!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Blog Grows In Brooklyn


I was talking to a friend of mine recently and I informed them that I had always loved to write (I do love to write, but be forewarned I am not a writer!! These entries I'm sure will be frothe with dangling participals and misspellings (Thank God for spell check!)
The conversation went a little something like this:
Me: I would love to start one of those online blogs…but I’m such a wuss. I’d probably have nothing to say.
Them: You always have something to say to me!!
Me: People write about anything, and end up with their own following: CYBER-GROUPIES!! :-)
Them: You should do it!
Me: :-( Do I have the drive…the initiative? Where did I leave that damned initiative?

Under the bed? No. In the closet? No. Where did I leave that damned initiative?
I know!! *Raises her hand to the disciplinarian in her head* Oooh! Oooh! Can I answer that?!
I had to have left it on the school yard with that girl who used to sell chapters of her short stories for 50 cents a pop!
Or maybe I left it in my high school Constitutional Law class with Mr. Kay – who referred to all his students as Barbie Dolls and Lollipops. Or maybe in front of Thursday night, 1990 TV where I was mesmerized by L.A. Law…
And you know what’s so funny…we’re constantly telling our friends and family about the plights in our lives; and what is it that we always say: “Mannnn, I could write a book!!” So why in the heck couldn’t I write a blog? Maybe because I wouldn’t know where to start. They should have a site or something called “Blogs for Beginners”. Low and behold: http://weblogs.about.com/ec/2.htm LOL Blogs for Beginners!! What will they think of next?!
But seriously folks, I need to find my calling – or at least a hobby that I enjoy. It wasn’t the hardest thing for a young boy named Karol Wojtyla – who will forever be known in the history books as Pope John Paul II. So what is to become of this little brown skinned girl from Brooklyn…? I guess you’ll have to read my blog and see. :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice - more more!!

August 04, 2006 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home