And So It Begins...

This is my forum for all the nouns that life has to offer!

Friday, August 04, 2006

Feeling Is Believing


"Good Morning New York!! You can expect today's temps to soar to a sweltering 98 degrees with thunderstorms expect this afternoon..." Good?! What the hell is so good about waking up with "crease marks" on my face (dude, this is what happens when you attempt to find a cool spot on the bed and pray that it stays that way longer than 3 seconds!) with a monumental dilemma in front of me: What in the hell am I gonna wear today?
Now I'm sure this question perplexes most women daily: "These pants would look cute with this top..." and so on and so forth. Along with the idea that they may be able to get a free coffee from the cart guy if he sees just enough cleavage while buttering your plain bagel! hehe But for me, clothes are not only about how I would look, but more importantly about how I would feel. I've been feeling less and less like a woman with purpose and I wanted my clothes to give that to me -- even if only as an external facade.
A skirt: Perhaps...but nothing that is ever too short -- it brings up memories of the second grade when while wearing "the dreaded skirt", a fellow classmate faked tying his shoe only to look up my skirt and promptly proceeded to inform the entire class while standing in two neat little lines (For what? A trip to the cafeteria...the library...the bathroom...who can remember!) that I had on yellow panties!!! I was MORTIFIED!!! I have to fight with the memory of that every time I think of wearing one. I'm getting better though...
Sheer brown blouse: I bought this blouse a week or so ago while I was out on an assignment at work. (Shopping while on the clock -- hehehe) This is a possibility as well. But my fear would be that not only would you know what color bra I'm wearing, but that my 34B's would want to escape for fear of further confinement!! ("Go!! Save yourselves!")
So what's it going to be? Something that says I'm confident and capable (and cool! Remember folks -- 98 DEGREES!) Nothing says cool like white. I'm starting to have a greater respect for it's crispness and simple elegance. ("Look Ma, no coffee stains!") and a great pair of pants. Oooh! Those pale green capris that I got at Old Navy the summer before. I was debating the color when I got them, but now I love them!
So, that it! Mission Accomplished! Not only do I look great, but I feel pretty darn good too! Well I'm off to finish getting ready for my day. Stay cool out there folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home