And So It Begins...

This is my forum for all the nouns that life has to offer!

Friday, August 04, 2006

Is It Just Me?

Riding in on the train this morning, I find that everyone is so somber and lost in themselves (this coming from the woman who literally doesn't want anyone uttering a single word to her before 10 a.m. My eyes say it all: "You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who in the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok." -- Remember Taxi Driver? :-D)

People are lost in the morning's news or maybe in a Nora Roberts novel. But then there are those who are not lost in some literary abiss but look totally lost. One lady looked totally out of it. Her eyes were shifting from side to side. She was playing with the fringe on her hobo bag. I was thinking it had to be one of two things: She either had too much coffee and her eyeballs were playing an involuntary game of ping-pong in her head or she was a tourist and was experiencing her first pangs of anxiety starting her day out in the Big Bad Apple without her tour group!

Maybe it is just me at this very moment but damn y'all its FRIDAY!! Lighten up! LOL I laugh because the day has just started and I totally may have a different take on this whole thing by noon. Check back in on me then...see how I'm doin'! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home