And So It Begins...

This is my forum for all the nouns that life has to offer!

Monday, October 01, 2007

Postcards From...


The train was coming
It was roaring down the track
I felt the ground beneath me moving
So I decided to step back

During the buzz of what was a busy New York City day I watched as commuters rushed to and fro, all ablur, making their way
Some to work, some to school, while others pondered their daily planning
It was at that moment in looking to my left I see a young girl standing
I looked into her lonely eyes as she stood frozen on the landing
Almost as if she couldn't bare with what her life was demanding
As the train got closer I saw her look at me
Silently asking for help from the insanity
Me? You want my help...what could I do?

There are times when I can't even help myself, so how will I help you?
There are feelings of stress and helplessness and moments when I am wound so tight
I looked away for just a moment and back again...And she had vanished out of sight!
The train had come and people began to get off and others climbed aboard
My heart sank but I felt the need the scream her name...a name I had never heard
"Where are you? Answer me! Please let me know you're ok...I need to know thatyou are brave and didn't end it all this way!!"

But I heard nothing but the sound my own beating heart
All was quiet and I looked around desperately for her
There was no sign...its like she never existed...she was gone forever
I would never forget her and I would always ask myself what could I have done
To lessen her sorrows and ease her pain. And was I the only one?
To see her hurting and offer nothing more than a hopeful glance
If I had done more she may have had a chance.


All Rights Reserved
-- ©LHB 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home