And So It Begins...

This is my forum for all the nouns that life has to offer!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Today Was A Good Day!

Today was indeed a good day, filled with fanfare, friends and music. First there was the Mets game at Shea Stadium. A friend had an extra ticket to the game and invited me to join him. It had been at least ten years since I last saw the Mets play, and I figured now was as good a time as any to watch them do their thing again. And like ten years before, they were up by four and then sank...rapidly. Ten years ago the Cardinals took it and this time they lost to the Pittsburgh Pirates 7 to 5. Even though they lost, I had a great time sharing what little knowledge I have on baseball with my friends. I also loved the smell of popcorn, cotton candy and hotdogs -- classic game time food! "Get your cotton candy here!"



But the highlight of my day came in the form of Jill Scott, who gave a free concert at Brooklyn's Wingate Park! I got there around 4PM and although the line looked rather short from where I stood, there was actually a snake tail forming on the other side of the park that went around the block! People came out in droves to be serenaded by this Philly based powerhouse!! She was punctual, with the show starting at just a couple of minutes after 8PM. And my fellow Brooklynites and I immediately felt at home with her! "What's Up Brooklyn!!" She sang, she told jokes and ultimately gave of herself tonight! In effect giving us "The Real Thing"!! Haha! This was her last stop in the U.S. before embarking on her World Tour. Her next stop -- Africa! She lifted us all up by tearing the house down!!! My voice is still raspy from all the screaming and singing that I did! I would say that I'm still high off of the night's feel good fumes! Thank you Jill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home