And So It Begins...

This is my forum for all the nouns that life has to offer!

Thursday, May 01, 2008

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words


After weeks of study and the occasional bout of frustration and self doubt, I had the opportunity to showcase my work at an actual exhibit -- my very first photo exhibition!

I was honestly quite nervous about how others would receive my work, which sounds strange I know; considering that I have been displaying my work on Flickr for almost two years now. But I have to admit that it felt good watching the crowds gravitate towards the matted photos (that I strategically placed in the center of the main wall) knowing they were mine.

I got a big kick out of explaining my motivation and technique. But the highlight of the day came as I sold one print and negotiated the sale of other! Yes, I know it's not the Louvre, or the Met, but it was a very proud moment for little old me! Yay! :o)

2 Comments:

Blogger inkyblog said...

oh how cool!! so well deserved too :)

March 28, 2009 9:25 PM  
Blogger Nastassia said...

Congrats Missy! =)

April 13, 2009 2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home