And So It Begins...

This is my forum for all the nouns that life has to offer!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Goodbye


The swirling snow, upon the wind,
As I say farewell to my friend…
Soothes my heart in no small way,
And I feel the cold on this day.
It must have been a day such as this,
Maybe it was snow, maybe the mist…
When we were born so long ago…
But now it’s goodbye, amidst what we know.
A strong man, a gentle man, you have ever been,
In our brief encounter, you became my friend.
There is sadness for having us go through all this,
But I leave you with a simple goodbye kiss.
LHB-2006

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...

My take on it... you just have to do what you have to do... no matter how hard it is. Sometimes a little heartache now saves your heart pain in the long run.

--J

November 08, 2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger deo said...

Forgotten inspirations: A poem for hope

November 10, 2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger deo said...

Sometime to make it last, you gotta commit with your heart AND your mind.

but it still takes TWO.

November 10, 2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Where is the story that inspired the poem?

November 11, 2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger deo said...

good question...

November 25, 2006 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home