And So It Begins...

This is my forum for all the nouns that life has to offer!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Is That A Meme In Your Pocket Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?

1. How tall are you barefoot?
I've answered this question previously in My Very First Meme

2. Have you ever flown first class?
No, unfortunately I haven't. But apparently my boy Organized Noise (from whom I have taken this meme) has. Bravo!

3. One of your favorite books when you were a child?
Happy Birthday, Moon

4. A good restaurant in your city?
There are quite a few restaurants that I would list as good. I agree with Organized, Cabana's at the South Street Seaport is good. The food is good, but the Mojitos are off the hook!! Negril's (pricey but good) for Jamaican. Baluchi's for Indian (there are restaurants all over the city, but the one on West 4th and 6th Avenue is one of the better ones. Chicken Tikka Masala and Chicken Keema - Yum!) and Tao, an Asian Fusion restaurant that has become famous not only for the food (the lobster wontons with shitake garlic sauce is delish!), but its definitely a see and be seen spot!

5. What is your favorite small appliance?
The compact George Forman Grill.

6. One person that never fails to make you laugh?
My best friend Teesha

7. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
"This Christmas" by Dru Hill and "The Christmas Song" by The Temptations

8. What was the first music that you ever bought?
"Cooleyhighharmony" by Boyz II Men (on cassette)

9. Do you do push-ups?
Nope

10. What was one of your favorite games as a child?
Skellie, Truth Or Dare, Hide & Go Seek, Freeze tag, Red Light, Green Light, Uno (that was the cafeteria staple for me and that’s only because I didn't know -- and still don't know -- how to play Spades. Call the Cavalry...this girl needs to get her ghetto card revoked!) and many, many more.

11.What is the one thing that you cook that always receives compliments?
My lasagna. I smile when I ask my younger brother if he wants a plate and he always says yes. That one word is compliment enough for me.

12. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An architect. I loved to draw. I used to draw all the time. I was good at it, but I wasn't (and still not) the best at the numbers game. Being horrible at math kinda killed that dream fairly quickly.

13. Your favorite Soup of the Day?
Minestrone

14. What in your life are you most grateful for?
My family. They annoy me sometimes, but I know that I love them more than I could ever ever express!

15. Have you ever met someone famous?
Yes. Heavy D (A sweet teddy bear of a guy) Salt n' Pepa, Treach, Vinnie, Brian McKinight (who smelled sooooo good! He gave me a hug! OMG!!!), Melba Moore (before her welfare days)

16. Date Of Birth?
Friday, May 18, 19...uh...yea...May 18th. hehe

17. Top 3 thoughts at this exact moment:
1. I'm hungry.
2. Wondering about the reactions of the city in the next couple days.
3. I'm hungry.

18. Three people you're thinking about right now:
1. My mom -- it's been a couple of days since I've spoken to her. I have to call her.
2. "A.D."
3. My best friend Teesha, just wondering how my girl is doing.

19. Name five drinks you regularly drink:
Water, Vitamin Water (even though Endurance Peach is my favorite, I drink almost all flavors), Orange Juice, Scwhepps Ginger Ale, Snapple Green Apple White Tea

20. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news?
Channel 7 Eyewitness News This Morning

21. Current hair?
A very messy ponytail/bun combo thingy

22. Current worry?
I have 3 trials that I'm preparing for at work. I'm hoping that things go smoothly with all of them.

23. Current hate?
That the world we knew before two days from now, five years ago is gone forever never to return.

24. Favorite place to be?
Sitting on a bench in any park in New York engrossed in a good book.

25. Least favorite place to be?
As of late -- The office.

26. Do you consider yourself well organized?
I try to be as organized as possible, but there are days when I slip up (Exhibit A: My room right now!)

27. Do you believe in the afterlife?
Yes

28. Where do you think you will be in 10 Yrs?
I have no idea, but I hope that I'd be married with two children, having a successful career and a whole lot closer to my life's dream than I am now.

29. Do you burn or tan?
I tan pretty well.

30. Who was the last blogger you hung out with?
I haven't had the opportunity to meet any of my fellow bloggers as of yet, but I look forward to connecting with you all.

31. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the future?
Optimistic

32. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?
Last Saturday night while hanging out with friends. Ketel One and Cranberry (my drink of choice now. Thanks Justine!)

33. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Whatever is on the radio.

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a kid?
Being alone in the dark has always made me a little nervous.

35. What’s in your pockets right now?
The cleaning cloth for my glasses and 17 cents in change from the cashews and vitamin water I bought earlier today.

36. Last thing that made you laugh?
I always find that I laugh whenever I read his blog.

37. Best bed sheets you had as a child?
Raggedy Ann and Andy. My mom bought me a Raggedy Ann doll and I remember seeing the sheets and being sooooo excited about it!

38. Worst injury you’ve ever had?
The worst experience of physical pain I've ever had would be after having surgery for a kidney infection. I was in the hospital for 10 days. All I'll say is that in that experience Tylenol with codeine became a God-send.

39. Favorite song?
Currently - "SexyBack" by Justin Timberlake (that beat is HOT!) and "Good Mourning" by India.Arie (speaks to recent experiences for me)

40. How many TVs do you own?
One

41. In the last calendar year, how many people have you told that you love them?
I've told quite a few people in the last year that I love them.

42. Last person that made you blush?
Deo

43. Best Compliment received?
"You are beautiful."

44. What song is in your head?
"SexyBack" by Justin Timberlake. The beat just makes you wanna get up and dance!

45. What is your favorite book?
I wouldn't say that it was necessarily my favorite book, but it was definitely one that I enjoyed reading: "The Broke Diaries" by Angela Nissel

46. Last meal you cooked for the opposite sex?
Baked Macaroni. He liked it, which made me happy.

47. What songs do you want played at your wedding?
"Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion (I'm not normally a Celine fan, but I think this is the "perfect" wedding as it speaks to love in a beautiful way). "At Last" by Etta James and a few others. But I would say those would be the top two.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral?
"It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday" by Boyz II Men. I remember when I first heard this song and saw the video I immediately thought of 1975's "Cooley High", on which the video was loosely based. I thought how sad and dramatic and triumphant the ending was: Y'all remember: After being at his friend's gravesite, Preach runs. He runs out of the cemetery...crying, smiling and ultimately going on to make a difference. And that what I want people to recall when they think of me. There were tears. There was sadness. There was drama, but there was ultimately triumph in this life of mine. Man, that movie was definitely something to see. The Black "American Graffiti." LOL Oh! And don't forget to pour out some liquor for the brothers and sisters that aren't here -- namely me!

49. What were you doing at 12 midnight last night?
I was fast asleep. Zzzzzzzz's!

50. What would you like to accomplish with the remaining years of your life?
Long lasting love and the respect of my family and friends.

7 Comments:

Blogger deo said...

whoo wheeeee
That's a perty blog!

nice colors and - wow do all them links work...

I love being your coder!!

September 11, 2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger deo said...

pssst... why don't you make one for me... a meme so i can answer 101 of your questions... hmmmm? like I need help opening up ..
lol
maybe I do!?!?! so what?!?!?

September 12, 2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger Leepak Hope-ra said...

@GC: Making one...as in just whip one up? Who do I look like...Meme Stewart? Blahhhhhhhh! I won't make one for you..then you'll never learn.
But I'll tell you who you can steal...ummm...I mean tag one from: http://roycesdaughter.blogspot.com/ has one that I thought was cool. Blogger etiquette (ok, MY BLOGGER etiquette dammit!) states making mention of the person from whom you've taken the meme. Not only are you giving that person a shout, the liklihood of more people hopping to your spot is greater! Good Luck!

September 12, 2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger deo said...

stellahhhhh!!!

September 12, 2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I read the whole thing, so I guess I should comment. I'm glad you did this. It gave you a chance to open up and for us (apparently just ghetto coder and I, because we appear to be the only ones reading your blog) to see a different side of you. I look forward to getting to know you better.

September 12, 2006 10:20 PM  
Blogger deo said...

re:O.N.
with Profile Views 105
I'm sure we are not the only one's reading

;)

September 16, 2006 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry guys you'll aren't the only ones reading; her sistah reads her blogs as well and sorry if i don't comment in writing but i see i must start to show that there is much support for my sistah doing here thing, so keep on blogging 'cause i am learning thing about you that i didn't know for,let's say 20+ years BLOGGING is a wonderful thang.

September 18, 2006 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home