And So It Begins...

This is my forum for all the nouns that life has to offer!

Monday, January 29, 2007

Looking At The World

It’s been a about a week or two since my last post and I'm sure those of you in my tiny little fan club may believe that I have abandoned my love and curiosity for the written word -- I can assure you that I haven’t -- I have, however, begun to dive into a new sea of creativity and inspiration –- photography.

I feel like I’ve begun to see the world a little differently. There is beauty that can be found in everything. From the face of a little boy or girl to a tree that will never move. One of the many things that epitomize beauty to me is the Brooklyn Bridge. And although I’ve walked across this bridge many times in my life, today was a day of great realization.

Helen Keller once said that the best and most beautiful things in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart and my heart feels great joy in taking pictures. I don't fancy myself a photographer really, but I am a picture taker who sees and feels wonderous things through my lens. And although there are various emotions in these photographs –- sadness, fear or lonliness -- there is joy (for me) in knowing that they are out in the ether for the world to see and even to enjoy. I walked across the bridge today and felt an instant kinship with all who put the world into focus and took a picture. I ‘ve begun to take in my native city in the same way a newborn takes in her mother’s face –- with love and a grand curiosity. My mother's Christmas gift to me is the opportunity to see the world in another way. Thanks Mom.

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.

1 Comments:

Blogger deo said...

aspire

February 21, 2007 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home